Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Frustrating Chemo Day

Had today what I thought was going to be my every two month chemo treatment. Little did I know that my oncologist and I were on a very different page.

At my last visit to him he said to me I'm going to put you on chemo every 2 months rather than once a month. I was ecstatic. I For the past month I've felt like my almost old self.

I wasn't looking forward to going to chemo today at all knowing that over the next week I'd be getting all the side effects from the lovely drug (Pemetrexed) they shoot into my system.

My oncologist walks into the waiting room and asks me how I'm doing. I reply with I'm doing great thanks. So the break did you good he says. Break? I reply. I thought that you said I'd only have chemo once every two months? Oh no, he replies I was just giving you a month off and now you'll be back to your regular once a month treatments.

Talk about getting that last visit wrong. I called my husband who went with me for my last visit and he said to me, Oh I thought I heard that he was only going to have you going to chemo every two months. That made me feel better as I thought for a few minutes that maybe I was loosing my mind. LOL! Al then proceeded to say to me, well maybe it's for the better that you continue on with the treatments every month rather than every two months.

I'm approaching my 4th year of chemo and to tell you the truth I'm getting sick and tired of it. I just want it to be over. The treatments that is, not life itself. I suppose I should be grateful that I'm still here to write about the frustrations, tribulations, and conquering all that I've been through.

So this has been my frustrating day. Sorry this has not been a happier post. So until next time, which I hope will be happier news I wish you all a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...